Airport, Airline, and Parking Industry News
At Search Airport Parking we seek out the best deals for airport parking so you don't have to. Whether you are looking for short term, valet parking, self park, or long term parking, Search Airport Parking can find you cheap airport parking alternatives. We search the Internet for airport parking discounts and airport parking coupons and link them to our Airport Parking Directory.
The purpose of this blog is to compile airport parking news as well as airport news and airline news in one place for our parking customers as well as those in the parking industry. The following articles and press releases on the airport, airline, and parking industry are from various news sources and the links will take you to the source's web site:
Friday, November 18, 2011
BOSTON, Nov 15, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Attention holiday travelers: the most hectic travel season of the year is quickly approaching. The 2011 holiday travel forecast is predicting 20.9 million domestic flyers this Thanksgiving season. While that number represents a two percent drop in the total number of seats filled from 2010, don't be fooled -- the heightened security, weather delays, crowded terminals, overbooked flights and expensive baggage fees are here to stay.
"The holidays are always a stressful time, and travel is a big contributor to the madness," said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView, the leader in day-of-travel information. "But with just a little extra preparation, travelers can enjoy a more productive and calmer experience for themselves and their families."
Here's a look at FlightView's top 10 travel tips for the 2011 holiday season:
1. Plan for airport congestion -- Heightened security and higher volume will undoubtedly slow travelers down. Holiday travelers should plan a 30-45 minute additional buffer when deciding when to leave for the airport.
2. Travel light -- Overhead compartments and under seat storage will be at a minimal this year and airline personnel are expected to be less lenient about overstuffed and additional carry-on bags.
3. Monitor flight changes -- The easiest way to reduce stress and save time is to stay informed by proactively monitoring the departure and arrival times for all flights, including connections. Travelers are advised to check on the status of flights, via flight-tracking sites like FlightView.com, prior to leaving for the airport.
4. Leverage smart phones -- Instead of fighting crowds and lugging bags around the airport to get a glance at the airport display boards, travelers should tap mobile phones to stay up-to-date on flight information. Many fight-tracking apps can keep users up-to-date on any changes with push alerts.
5. Bookmark the airport's mobile website -- For travelers that don't want to download an app, the airport's mobile website is the next fastest and easiest way to get flight information while on the go. If the airport does not have a mobile site, bookmark FlightView's mobile tracker.
6. Plan for parking -- It's essential to plan ahead for airport parking. One parking detour may be enough to make a traveler miss a flight. Flyers can leverage FlightView's free airport parking tool to see available lots and current rates.
7. Dress for security success --Travelers can save valuable time by preparing for security before leaving for the airport. Travelers should have only the essentials in their pockets -- wallet, keys, cell phone and ticket. 8. Check-In early -- Avoid the lines at the airport. Many airlines allow flight check-in up to 24 hours in advance.
10. Don't forget the pick-up person -- Travelers should update the pick-up person on the status of their flight to help them avoid countless airport circling and congestion.
Backed by more than 30 years of flight-tracking experience, FlightView offers travelers several free tools to help with holiday travel. FlightView's mobile website and mobile apps -- available on the Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Palm - offer travelers a simple way to track flights and stay informed while on the go. Another useful tool for holiday travelers is FlightView's airport information page, which offers travelers real-time updates on airport delays, flight changes, limousine services, and parking facilities. To track your holiday flight now, visit FlightView.com.
FlightView is the recognized provider of the most accurate, real-time flight information solutions for the aviation and travel industries. FlightView's mobile, Dispatch and FVXML products help aviation and travel professionals achieve superior customer service with actionable real-time information. FlightView's information displays can be seen at airport terminals and on the Web sites of the largest major airports, airline and travel companies. FlightView's software services and solutions are relied upon by the US government, the world's largest airlines, airports, aviation and travel professionals, ground transportation companies and news outlets. FlightView's mobile applications help consumers control travel plans. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, FlightView has nearly 30 years of experience in building and supporting mission-critical systems for the FAA and the Volpe Center. To access real-time flight information online, visit FlightView Flight Tracker or FlightView Mobile Flight Tracker.
SOURCE: FlightView - www.FlightView.com